Sunday, July 10, 2011

Check out my new A R T letters!


In preparing to move classrooms this year, I took down some wooden letters that I had on my door that spelled out ART. I have had these letters for 7 years or so, they were painted in primary colors with designs drawn on them. These letters have been moved from wall to door, from classroom to classroom. But this time, the letters broke when I pulled them down. I want to have some sign or something outside my room that lets everyone know that this specific room is the art room, especially since there are 2 art teachers at this school, and one of the rooms has been moved this year. During my last visit to Hobby Lobby, I found some chipboard letters that are pretty large, and thought that these may be suitable. I covered each letter with scrapbook paper and then embellished them with ribbon and scrapbooking stickers. I am very pleased with the outcome, and think that these will look great on the wall outside my door.

2 comments:

kszwahl said...

Those are great! I used the same letters last year and covered the front with fabric. I love them. My husband made little rectangle stands for them and they sit on my desk. I don't have any way to put them on the walls. :(
But you are lucky you can!
Enjoy your new letters!

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

What a great idea.
I love the colors