Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Youth Art Month

As we art teachers know well, March is Youth Art Month. This month, my classes at Lakeview will be working on some fun projects, including bottle cap flowers for outside the building. To kick off the month, I redid the door to the classroom, as well as one of the bulletin boards in the front of the building. Since the focus is on the art of the students, that is what I used to create these displays.

I also have a lot of art to hang! My plan is to have an "unofficial" school-wide (at least my classes) art show. We have not had a whole school art show in two years, instead, we have individual grade level shows the same time as the music programs. We are continuing this process this year, but I miss the "big" art show, so here comes the unofficial one!

No comments: